kane_magus: (Default)
You know... I kind of hope that John McCain does indeed pick Joe Lieberman as his VP running mate.

Because that would give me yet another reason to vote for Obama in November.

I don't think I've ever told this story yet on LJ, so here goes: Lieberman is the singular reason that I voted for George W. Bush instead of Al Gore back in 2000. Lieberman was my Jack Thompson, back in the day. Admittedly Lieberman is nothing as bad as Jack Thompson is now, but back then it seemed like he was one of the leading guys as far as displaying the most retarded Jack Thompson-like opposition to video games was concerned. I was pretty clueless as far as politics goes back then, and "This guy's VP hates video games? Well, I'm not voting for him then!" seemed like a good enough reason to vote for the other guy. This is a decision that, in hindsight, I regret to this day, given that "the other guy" turned out to be one of the worst, if not the worst, presidents this country has ever had (my opinion, obviously, YMMV).

But in the end, it really doesn't matter if McCain picks Lieberman or not since I'm not going to be voting for him anyway, but it would be delicious irony if he did pick him, given the above.

(EDIT)

The only reason this post survived my purge of political posts and still exists is because it is a lead in for and partial explanation of this post, which I will not be deleting.

(/EDIT)

Profile

kane_magus: (Default)
kane_magus

August 2026

S M T W T F S
       1
23 45 67 8
9 101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Page generated Aug. 11th, 2026 08:00 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios